BISACODYL SANDOZ CONSEIL 30 GASTRO-RESISTANT COATED TABLETS
Bisacodyl 5mg Sandoz is a stimulant laxative used in the treatment of occasional constipation. Presented as specially coated tablets, Bisacodyl 5mg Sandoz provides a fast, predictable and reliable action. Generic of Dulcolax.
Description of Bisacodyl 5mg Sandoz :
Bisacodyl 5mg Sandoz tablets from Sandoz laboratories belong to the group of stimulant laxative medicines. They are used in the treatment of occasional constipation in adults and children over the age of 6. Each tablet contains a precise amount of the active ingredient bisacodyl. This ensures that each dose is fast acting, predictable and reliable.
With a special coating that delivers the active ingredient where it's needed, Bisacodyl 5mg Sandoz stimulates intestinal muscles while promoting the accumulation of water in the intestines. This effect helps to soften the stool and make it easier to pass.
Directions for use:
The tablets of Bisacodyl 5mg Sandoz must be swallowed, without being crunched, the evening (effect 10 hours after) or the morning with jeun (effect 5 hours after) at a rate of :
- For adults: 1 or 2 tablets maximum per day.
- For children aged 6 to 12 years: 1 tablet per day for 2 to 10 days.
The medicinal treatment of constipation is only an adjuvant to the hygienic and dietetic treatment. Prolonged use (more than 10 days) is not recommended; prolonged use may lead to a loss of appetite.
In children, the prescription of stimulant laxatives must be exceptional. Use is not recommended during pregnancy. The use of bisacodyl should be avoided during breastfeeding.
- Known hypersensitivity to bisacodyl or any of the excipients.
- Severe dehydration with electrolyte depletion.
- Abdominal pain syndromes of undetermined cause, including severe abdominal pain associated with nausea and vomiting which may indicate a more serious condition,
- Abdominal pain syndromes of undetermined cause,
- Occlusive or subocclusive syndromes,
- Children under the age of 6 years
- In cases of congenital galactosemia, fructose intolerance, glucose-galactose malabsorption syndrome, lactase deficiency, or sucrase-isomaltase deficiency (see Warnings and Other Special Precautions).
This drug is generally not recommended in association with drugs causing torsades de pointes.
Abdominal pain and diarrhea may occur after taking the drug. These effects have been observed in particular in subjects suffering from irritable bowel syndrome. Very rare cases of allergic reactions including anaphylactoid reactions have been reported. Risk of hypokalemia.
Symptoms in case of high doses or overdose: diarrhea, abdominal cramps and clinically significant loss of potassium and other electrolytes may occur. Chronic overdose of Dulcolax may cause diarrhea, abdominal pain, hypokalemia which may be associated with muscle weakness.
Composition of Bisacodyl 5mg Sandoz :
Bisacodyl 5 mg. Excipients: Lactose monohydrate, Corn starch, Soluble starch, Glycerol 85%, Magnesium stearate, Sucrose, Gum arabic, Titanium dioxide, Talc, Macrogol 6000, Eudragit L 100, Eudragit S 100, Dibutyl phthalate, Yellow iron oxide, White beeswax, Carnauba wax, Shellac, qsp 1 Gastro-resistant coated tablet.
Notable excipient(s): glycerol, lactose, sucrose.
Add Other Product These products may interest you
Nose, throat, bronchial tubes... As soon as the first signs appear, you must act!
A cold snap can have consequences on your health and put you down! Efirub is a concentrate of active ingredients including echinacea which supports the natural defenses and pelargonium which facilitates breathing.
- Pelargonium soothes the respiratory tract and calms in case of itching throat and temporary irritations.
- Echinacea helps support the body's natural defenses during cold spells.
- Vitamin C helps to reduce fatigue.
Flect'Expert concentrated massage oil is a body care product from the Genevrier laboratories designed for sportsmen and women and dedicated to the preparation and recovery of joints and muscles.
Arnica Montana is a homeopathic medicine usually used in the treatment of hematomas (bumps), bruises, contusions and muscle fatigue.
Indications : This medicine contains paracetamol. It is indicated in case of pain and/or fever such as headaches, flu, dental pain ... This presentation is reserved for
ENT viral infectious states, flu-like states - Adults
This medication is used as a ground modifier, particularly during viral infectious states of the ENT sphere and flu-like conditions.
Complex H Cream is a local treatment indicated in case of hemorrhoidal disorders (pain, itching, burning sensations) to provide immediate relief and promote healing.
Indications: This medicine is recommended for adults and children over 7 years of age as an adjunct to the treatment of minor trauma (bruises, blows) or insect bites.
Ipsen SmenoGas 12 Sticks is a convenient medical device for the symptomatic treatment of gas-related gastrointestinal disorders.
- Relieve gas-related symptoms such as bloating, abdominal distention, flatulence or abdominal pain,
- Regulate bowel movements and stool evacuation,
- Normalize bowel function.