Nasal congestion in case of colds and rhinosinusitis.
Attacked by cold viruses, the nasal mucosa thickens: this is called nasal congestion or more commonly blocked nose. ProRhinel Extra Eucalyptus decongests your nose for fast and effective relief.
Nicopass 2.5mg 96 sugar free lozenges fresh mint
This medication is indicated for the treatment of tobacco dependence to relieve the symptoms of nicotine withdrawal in subjects wishing to quit smoking. This medication may be used in: cases where a smoker is temporarily abstaining from smoking, a smoking reduction strategy as a step towards permanent cessation.
Other excipients (specific to certain forms) : Mono and diglyceride fatty acids, Artificial masking flavor, Natural flavor, Cineole, Carnauba wax, Ethylcellulose, Glucose, Levomenthol, Mint flavor, Mint-eucalyptus flavor, Peppermint flavour, Peppermint flavour, Peppermint natural flavour, Monoglycerides and diglycerides, Pulegone, Deglycyrrhizinized licorice, Soybean oil partially hydrogenated
Contraindications of the medication NICOPASS
This medicine should not be used in the following cases:
- non-smokers or occasional smokers,
- phenylketonuria (presence of aspartam).
In order to achieve permanent detoxification, stopping smoking is a necessary condition for the success of the treatment.
Precautions are necessary in case of stomach or duodenumulcer,renal or hepaticinsufficiency. In these situations, prior medical consultation is essential before using this drug; smoking cessation without replacement therapy may be necessary.
Do not use other nicotine-containing medicines, including transdermal devices, without medical advice.
Nicotine is a toxic substance. Do not leave lozenges within the reach of children.
Interactions of NICOPASS with other substances
The products contained in tobacco smoke may accelerate the rate of elimination of certain drugs, especially theophylline. When you stop smoking, the effect of these medicines may be increased and signs of overdose may appear. Contact your doctor if you have any doubts.
Fertility, pregnancy and breastfeeding
Smoking in pregnant women can cause fetal growth retardation. It is therefore always advisable to stop smoking. In women who are strongly addicted to nicotine, the use of this drug can be helpful, but the effects of nicotine alone on the fetus are not well known. This medication has the advantage of not exposing the fetus to the other toxins present in tobacco smoke. In summary: if the ideal is not to smoke and not to expose the fetus to nicotine inputs, the use of this medicine is a lesser evil compared to tobacco.
Nicotine passes into breast milk, breastfeeding is not recommended during treatment.
If breastfeeding is nevertheless chosen, take the drug preferably after suckling.
Instructions for use and dosage of NICOPASS
Suck the lozenge very slowly to allow the nicotine to be slowly and evenly absorbed through the blood vessels of the tongue. The lozenge will dissolve over approximately 30 minutes and should be moved regularly from side to side in the mouth during this time. It is important not to eat or drink while the lozenge is in the mouth.
The choice of dosage depends on the initial dependence on nicotine. The 2.5 mg lozenges are suitable for smokers who are highly or very highly dependent.
- overdose leads to the state of a smoker who has smoked too much and is mainly expressed by a nauseous state and headaches. Visual or hearing problems, tremors and dizziness are also possible;
- an under-dose causes withdrawal symptoms: irritability, nervousness, stomach cramps (sort of painful hunger), difficulty concentrating.
Usual dosage :
- Adults :
- Complete cessation of smoking: in this objective, the treatment of nicotine dependence usually follows 2 phases: for 3 months, suck a lozenge each time the urge to smoke is felt, generally 8 to 12 times a day, without exceeding 30 lozenges at 1.5 mg or 15 lozenges at 2.5 mg per day. This 3-month period may vary from one person to another and its end corresponds to a strong decrease or disappearance of the desire to smoke. The second phase, which lasts 6 to 8 weeks, corresponds to a gradual reduction in the number of lozenges per day, until cessation. The treatment should not exceed 6 months in total.
The 1.5 mg lozenges can be used alone or in combination with the transdermal devices. In this case, follow your doctor's recommendations.
- Temporary smoking cessation: suck on a lozenge each time you feel the urge to smoke, on average 8 to 12 times a day, not to exceed 30 1.5 mg lozenges or 15 2.5 mg lozenges per day.
- Reduction of tobacco consumption: suck on a lozenge as soon as the urge to smoke arises in order to reduce cigarette consumption as much as possible and remain smoke-free as long as possible. The number of lozenges to be used per day is variable but should not exceed 30 lozenges of 1.5 mg or 15 lozenges of 2.5 mg. If a significant reduction in cigarette consumption has not been achieved after a few weeks of treatment, it is recommended to seek medical advice. The aim of the reduction in the number of cigarettes is to eventually achieve a complete cessation of smoking, which should be attempted as soon as possible, necessarily within the first 6 months of treatment. It is not recommended to continue the treatment for more than 9 months.
Boxes of 12 and 36 tablets may be available in some pharmacies and can be used without medical consultation. Nevertheless, do not hesitate to ask your pharmacist to validate your choice. His/her advice is invaluable. He can help you determine the best time to stop smoking and explain the causes of failure
Nicotine taken orally as a replacement for cigarettes is as harmful to the cardiovascular system as the nicotine contained in tobacco. Only the risk of lung cancer disappears. When smoking cessation is motivated by urgent medical reasons: recent infarction, arteritis, gastritis or ulcer, it is preferable to stop taking nicotine in all its forms.
Like all anti-smoking methods used to help smokers, this medication can only be effective when the desire to stop smoking is personal and accompanied by a strong motivation. It is this motivation that will allow you to fight against the desire to smoke, without being forced to constantly call upon your willpower, which becomes blunted over time. A smoker who wants to stop smoking for good must consider tobacco as a poison, an unacceptable addiction. They must come to terms with the fact that they will never smoke again, right from the start of the withdrawal process. Each day without tobacco should be experienced as a liberation, not as an ordeal. The smoker who is in this frame of mind is a good candidate for permanent cessation.
Stopping smoking, which is a real drug, leads to many problems: weight gain is frequent, concentration problems can last several weeks. A slight depressive state is possible. Weight gain must be fought by a diet, and if possible by a sports program that has the advantage of reconciling the smoker with his body.
Do not hesitate to consult your doctor if you have any difficulties; his advice and experience will be invaluable in combating relapses.
Possible side effects of NICOPASS
Irritation of the mouth or throat.
Add Other Product These products may interest you
Nasal congestion in case of colds and rhinosinusitis.
The Insect Protect bandages were conceived by the Zambon laboratory to quickly relieve the itchings related to an insect bite. They are suitable for the whole family, including children over 3 years old, and act with effectiveness after 10 minutes. It's the ideal accessory to spend more peaceful summer evenings and afternoons on the go.
The Urgo Sanyrene spray is a preventive product intended to reduce by half the risks of nursing bedsores, by reinforcing the integrity of the cutaneous zones concerned, and preserves at the same time the oxygenation of fabrics to help with the reconstitution of the epidermis. It is also suitable for the treatment of erythema.
Dexpanthenol Bailleul 5% ointment is indicated in the treatment of skin irritation, particularly in cases of diaper rash (red buttocks) in infants. This medicine is also used to soothe eczema attacks.
Berocca Energy blackcurrant flavour is a sugar-free food supplement rich in vitamins B and C and a source of magnesium and zinc, intended to support mental activity and physical fitness.
This vitamin in injectable solution is indicated in the treatment of vitamin B12 deficiencies due to a lack of absorption, as well as in the treatment of anemia due to insufficient dietary intake of vitamin B12 in vegans.
Box of 6 ampoules of 4 ml.
Description: Essential oil dedicated to the respiratory sphere, antiviral, anti-inflammatory, mucolytic, expectorant
Indications: This medication contains vitamin D, which allows the bone to bind calcium and whose deficiency causes rickets.
It is used to prevent and treat vitamin D deficiency.
Description: AUDISPRAY Junior is a 100% natural microbiologically controlled product, allowing children, from the age of 3 years, to get used to a regular ear hygiene. Thus avoiding the accumulation of earwax.
Elgydium Clinic Cicalium is a gel specially designed to help treat and heal canker sores and other small oral lesions while relieving pain.