Indications : In case of pain and/or fever such as headaches, flu-like conditions, dental pain, aches and pains in adults and children over 30 kg (about 9 to 15 years). In the treatment of certain rheumatic conditions in adults and children weighing more than 20 kg (about 6 years) after medical advice. Medical supervision is necessary. Contains aspirin.
MOVICOL CHOCOLATE AROMA 20 BAGS
This medicine is used if you suffer from:
- faecal impaction. Fecal impaction is defined as an accumulation of faeces in the rectum with no evacuation for several days.
MOVICOL CHOCOLAT is for adults only.
How many sachets should you take?
If you are taking MOVICOL CHOCOLAT for constipation: the usual dose is 1-2 sachets per day, preferably taken as a single dose in the morning.
Elderly people do not usually need more than 1 sachet per day.
If you are taking MOVICOL CHOCOLAT for faecal impaction: the usual dose is 8 sachets per day (4 sachets in the morning and evening, in 2 doses).
Method of administration
This medicine is used orally.
To use this medicine, please follow these instructions:
Open the sachet.
Pour the contents of the sachet into a glass of water.
Mix the powder with a clean spoon until the mixture becomes clear.
Swallow the mixture.
The mixture can be stored in a closed container in the refrigerator for 6 hours.
Duration of treatment
In the case of constipation, the effect of MOVICOL CHOCOLAT is felt 24 to 48 hours after administration.
In the case of faecal impaction, you should take this medicine until satisfactory evacuation of the accumulated faeces is achieved. The average duration of treatment is 1 to 3 days.
To avoid the risk of recurrence of these problems, please refer to the section How to reduce the risk of recurrence.
Never take MOVICOL CHOCOLAT:
- If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to the active ingredients (e.g. macrogol), or to any of the other components contained in MOVICOL CHOCOLAT mentioned in section 6
- If you suffer from a severe inflammatory disease of the intestine or the colon
- If you have abdominal pain of undetermined cause or if you may be suffering from an intestinal obstruction (blockage of material in a part of the intestine).
Precautions for use
Be careful with MOVICOL CHOCOLAT:
- Your doctor may decide to stop your treatment if you show signs of a change in the amount of mineral salts and water in your body (in particular, in the event of dehydration or heart failure).
- MOVICOL CHOCOLAT may decrease the absorption of other medicines (see Taking or using other medicines).
- One of the active ingredients in this medicine is macrogol (also called polyethylene glycol). Very rare allergic reactions (skin rash, itching, swelling) have been reported with products containing polyethylene glycol. If any of these signs occur, contact a doctor immediately.
- If you are on a salt-free or low-salt diet, take into account the sodium content; each sachet contains 190 mg of sodium.
- This medicine contains 26.38 mg of potassium per sachet, inform your doctor if you have renal insufficiency.
NO LONGER USE WITHOUT MEDICAL ADVICE
The efficacy and safety of MOVICOL CHOCOLAT in the treatment of faecal impaction have not been studied.
Sachets Box of 20
Add Other Product These products may interest you
Oligosol lithium drug comes in a box of 28 ampoules of 2ml. It is used as a soil modifier. It is recommended during minor psychic or psychosomatic manifestations of the child of more than 6 years and of the adult as for example during light sleep disorders or in case of irritability.
Indications : It is indicated in case of pain and/or fever such as headaches, flu-like conditions, dental pain, aches and pains and in the treatment of certain rheumatic diseases in adults (from 15 years).
This medicine contains aspirin.
It is indicated for the treatment of symptoms related to inflammation, in case of infection, and in patients with recurrent eye infections, such as viral conjunctivitis
Indications : This medicine is a complex (association) of homeopathic components. It is used in the homeopathic treatment of hoarseness, voice extinction or laryngitis.
Vaseline gomenolae 5% ointment is a drug recommended in the treatment of post-traumatic scabby rhinitis, and post-operative care of endonasal surgery in adults and children over 6 years
This medicine is an antidiarrheal that acts by slowing down intestinal transit and reducing intestinal secretions.
It is used in the symptomatic treatment of acute diarrhea in adults, in addition to dietary measures.
Description : The acetylcysteine contained in this medicine is a mucolytic. It thins the mucous secretions of the bronchial tubes to make them easier to evacuate by coughing.
Dexpanthenol Bailleul 5% ointment is indicated in the treatment of skin irritation, particularly in cases of diaper rash (red buttocks) in infants. This medicine is also used to soothe eczema attacks.
Indications : It is indicated in case of pain and/or fever such as headaches, flu-like conditions, dental pain, aches and pains and in the treatment of certain rheumatic diseases in adults (from 15 years). This medicine contains aspirin. To know the precautions of use and the posology click on "more details"