SYNOVIUM HCS viscoelastic devices are indicated for the symptomatic treatment of gonarthrosis, in particular to reduce pain and restore joint mobility by replacing and supplementing the elasto-viscosity of the synovial fluid in arthritic joints.
The therapeutic indications are all types of painful gonarthrosis:
- Primary gonarthrosis (Kelgreen radiological stages I, II and III)
- Gonarthrosis and associated general factors:
- Ineffectiveness of usual treatments.
- Intolerance and/or contraindication to NSAIDs and/or analgesics.
- Taking anticoagulants, poly-medication (hypertension, diabetes, obesity, cardiovascular and gastrointestinal problems).
- Contraindications related to the fitting of a prosthesis: young patients and various contraindications related to the patient's condition.
- Early gonarthrosis in young patients.
- Gonarthrosis secondary to trauma and the aftermath of articular fractures.