Indications: This drug is indicated in adults (over 15 years), in the symptomatic treatment of pain of tendino-ligamentary origin, and post-traumatic pain: sprains and bruises. This drug is indicated in adults in the treatment of painful flare-ups of osteoarthritis of the knee, after a first medical opinion.
Nicotinell Gum 2mg fruit flavour without sugar per 96
Indications: This medication is indicated for the treatment of tobacco dependence in order to relieve the symptoms of nicotine withdrawal in subjects wishing to stop smoking. Appropriate management improves the chances of success in quitting smoking.
In this manual :
1. What is NICOTINELL FRUIT 2 mg SUGAR-FREE, medicated chewing gum and what is it used for?
2. What you should know before taking NICOTINELL FRUIT 2 mg SUGAR-FREE, medicated chewing gum
3. How should I take NICOTINELL FRUIT 2 mg SUGAR-FREE, medicated chewing gum ?
4. What are the possible side effects?
5. How to keep NICOTINELL FRUIT 2 mg SUGAR-FREE, medicated chewing gum?
6. Additional information.
NICOTINELL FRUIT Gum contains nicotine, a tobacco ingredient.
NICOTINELL FRUIT 2 mg Gum is part of a family of medicines to help you quit smoking.
The nicotine is released slowly and then absorbed by mouth each time you chew the gum.
This medicine is indicated for the treatment of tobacco dependence in order to relieve the symptoms of nicotine withdrawal in subjects wishing to stop smoking.
Appropriate treatment improves the chances of success in quitting smoking.
2. WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW BEFORE TAKING NICOTINELL FRUIT 2 mg SUGAR-FREE, medicated chewing gum
Never take NICOTINELL FRUIT 2 mg SUGAR-FREE, medicated chewing gum in the following cases:
- If you are not a smoker,
- If you are allergic to nicotine or to any of the excipients contained in NICOTINELL FRUIT 2 mg.
In case of doubt, it is essential to ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice.
Take care with NICOTINELL FRUIT 2 mg SUGAR-FREE, medicated chewing gum:
Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have any of the following:
- cardiovascular disease, for example myocardial infarction, heart failure, angina pectoris, Prinzmetal's angina, heart rhythm disorder,
- history of stroke,
- high blood pressure,
- circulatory problems,
- liver or kidney failure,
- thyroid disease (hyperthyroidism)
- diabetes (monitor your blood sugar more often at the start of treatment as it may be altered),
- pheochromocytoma(adrenal gland disease leading to severe high blood pressure)
- inflammation of the mouth or throat, esophagitis, gastritis, ulcer of the stomach or duodenum
- fructose intolerance
Nicotine in small amounts is dangerous for children and can cause severe symptoms or death. Therefore, it is imperative that NICOTINELL FRUIT Gum be kept out of the reach and sight of children.
If denture wearers have difficulty chewing the gum, it is recommended to stop the treatment and use another pharmaceutical form. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice.
Taking or using other medicines:
Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicine, even if it is a medicine obtained without a prescription. If you quit smoking and are taking other medications, your doctor may want to adjust the dosage.
There are no data on possible interactions between NICOTINELL FRUIT Gum and other medicines. However, substances in cigarettes other than nicotine may affect some medicines.
Quitting smoking can change the way certain medications work, for example:
- theophylline (a drug used in the treatment of asthma),
- tacrine (a drug used to treat Alzheimer's disease)
- olanzapine and clozapine (drugs used to treat schizophrenia),
- insulin (a drug used to treat diabetes).
May require dosage adjustment.
Food and Beverage
Consumption of coffee, acidic and carbonated beverages (sodas) may decrease the absorption of nicotine and should be avoided for 15 minutes before chewing gum.
It is very important to stop smoking during your pregnancy as it may lead to stunted growth of your child or even prematurity or fetal death. Ideally, you should try to stop smoking without taking medication. If this fails, NICOTINELL FRUIT may be recommended to help you. This is because the risk to the fetus is probably lower than that of smoking. Nicotine in any form can harm your child. NICOTINELL FRUIT may be taken only after consulting your doctor who is monitoring your pregnancy or a doctor who specializes in smoking cessation.
NICOTINELL FRUIT Gum, like smoking, should be avoided while breast-feeding because nicotine passes into breast milk.
If your doctor recommends that you use NICOTINELL FRUIT Gum while you are breastfeeding, the gum should be chewed just after feeding and not during the two hours before feeding.
Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking any medicine.
Driving and using machines
Smoking cessation may cause behavioural changes. At the recommended doses, there is no particular risk associated with NICOTINELL FRUIT 2 mg medicated chewing gum.
Important information about some of the ingredients of NICOTINELL FRUIT 2 mg SUGAR-FREE, medicated chewing gum
NICOTINELL FRUIT 2 mg chewing gum contains sorbitol, a source of fructose:
- if you know you are intolerant to certain sugars, consult your doctor before taking this medicine.
The gum contains butylated hydroxytoluene (E321) which may cause local irritation to the oral mucosa.
Each NICOTINELL FRUIT 2 mg gum contains sugars, including 0.2 g of sorbitol (E420), a source of fructose (0.04 g / gum). The caloric intake is 1.0 Kcal/gum.
Each chewing gum contains 11.50 mg of sodium, to be taken into account by people on a low-salt diet.
Use NICOTINELL Chewing Gum as directed in the package insert. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice if you are not sure.
At initiation and throughout the course of treatment, complete cessation of smoking is necessary to increase your chances of success.
NICOTINELL FRUIT Gum is available in 2 strengths: 2 mg and 4 mg. The right dose will depend on your smoking habits.
NICOTINELL FRUIT 4 mg is recommended:
- for smokers who are strongly to very strongly addicted to nicotine,
- in case of failure after using the 2 mg dosage,
- if withdrawal symptoms remain strong with a risk of relapse.
In other cases, use 2 mg gums.
Choose the appropriate dosage using the table below
In case of adverse effects observed with the use of 4 mg gums, use the 2 mg gums.
Method of Administration
- Chew gum until the taste becomes strong.
- Then place the gum between your gum and cheek.
- Start chewing the gum again when the taste has faded.
- Continue this process until the gum is completely dissolved (about 30 minutes).
DO NOT SWALLOW
Dosage in adults over 18 years of age
Frequency of administration
Chew one gum each time you feel the need to smoke. In general, the starting dose should be 1 gum every 1 to 2 hours. The usual dose is 8 to 12 pieces of gum per day. Otherwise, chew one gum every time you feel the need to smoke
Add Other Product These products may interest you
This medicine helps smokers to detoxify from tobacco. The chewing gum brings in the blood, by the intermediary of the saliva, the nicotine, principal active substance of the tobacco, responsible for theaddiction.
It is used either to stop smoking permanently or to stop temporarily.
This medicine contains paracetamol.
It is indicated in case of pain and/or fever such as headaches, flu, dental pain, aches and pains, painful periods.
Ginkor fort is a medicine used for the treatment of symptoms related to venous insufficiency such as heavy legs as well as the treatment of functional signs related to hemorrhoidal crisis.
This medication is recommended in the treatment of:
- mycosis of the skin or nails (fungal infections), whether or not superinfected by bacteria,
- light to moderate seborrheic dermatitis of the face.
Indications: STRUCTUM is used in adults (over 15 years of age) for the treatment of pain and functional discomfort in osteoarthritis of the knee and hip. This drug has a slow onset of action, delayed by about 2 months, and its effect may persist after treatment has been stopped.
Mycoster 1% powder for dermal application is a medication recommended for the treatment of inter-toe mycosis caused by dermatophytes (a variety of fungus between the toes).
This topical antifungal agent is not indicated for the treatment of other folds
Indications: This medicine contains a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug: ibuprofen. It is indicated in adults and children over 20 kg (approximately 6 years of age) for the short-term treatment of fever and/or pain such as headaches, flu-like conditions, dental pain, aches and pains and painful periods.
The Bites Roll-on soothes the itching caused by insect bites, thanks to the cold effect of its formula. It contains organic essential oils of Peppermint and Java Lemongrass, and organic Aloe vera extract.
Practical to use and easy to carry!
Indications: Piascledine® 300 is a drug indicated for symptomatic treatment (pain and functional discomfort) with delayed effect of osteoarthritis of the hip and knee
- to improve digestive function
- facilitate the urinary elimination of toxins
- reduce water retention
- regulate weight
Phytostandard® of Orthosiphon and Pilosella is a food supplement based on extracts of orthosiphon(Orthosiphon stamineus Benth) and pilosella(Hieracium pilosella L.).